It all ended 0-0 but things could have been so different in the Soweto derby on Saturday afternoon.
Kaizer Chiefs have a big lead, but the Bucs were inches away from cutting that lead, with a very good second half perfomance.
To be fair Chiefs had a few chances too, but in the second half the most likely winners looked to be Pirates, but in the end we couldn't get the ball past Itumeleng Khune.
The Three Bucaneers who impressed me most:
1) Siyabonga Sangweni - Sangweni was huge at the back for the Bucs, but also popped up a few times in attacking moves. Before his injuries he was arguably the best central defender in the country, and today gave me hope he could still return to that form.
2) Rooi Mahamutsa - Sangweni's central defence partner was equally good on the day. No surprise that his name seemed to be used by the commentators the most. Played like a warrior.
3) Sifiso Myeni - Myeni looks to be getting back to his best, and almost all of Pirates' best scoring opportunities came through the winger. Was named man of the match.
The Three Buccaneers who need to do better next time:
1) Mpho Makola - a good game, then disappears the next, that's how I've seen Makola's pattern in the Bucs shirt. Needs to keep his game more consistent.
2) Thandani Ntshumayelo - Very quiet in the midfield, would've preferred us to start with a second striker, with either Bibo or Issa Sarr on the bench. Based on this game it would be Bibo.
3) Lehlohonolo Majoro - Looked isolated for the time he was on the field, and a little out of practice. I know he had a yellow card hanging over his head but think he should've played midweek.