Kaizer Chiefs finally lost their first game in the PSL this season, losing 2-0 to SuperSport United on Tuesday night.
At times in the first half it looked like the Amakhosi would dominate the game, but chances at goal were few and far between.
SuperSport stunned Chiefs with a goal just after half-time, and Chiefs tried hard to get back in the game, but somehow a goal just wouldn’t come, and then Wome sealed the result at the end.
Three players who I think did their best tonight:
1) Tefu Mashamaite - Was solid in defence and often looked Chiefs’ most dangerous attacking option too, narrowly missing an equaliser a few minutes after they went behind.
2) Willard Katsande - Katsande was a rock, and gave Nel and Mathebula a torrid time in the middle.
3) Bernard Parker - Tried hard, but just didn’t get the chances on the night. Was constantly working though, and was denied by Williams near the end.
Three players who need to lift their game next time:
1) Siyabonga Nkosi - a replacement in for Yeye, the veteran wasn’t awful, but was a far cry from the creative kingpin he was in a first stint at Chiefs years ago.
2) Siboniso Gaxa - drafted in last minute to replace Masilela, his game was sometimes predictable due to not being a natural left sided player.
3) Eric Mathoho - I rate Mathoho highly, but he was to blame for Brockie’s goal, not aware of the New Zealander behind him, who headed SuperSport into the lead.