Diego Costa and his manager Jose Mourinho hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons this week. The Spaniard has recently been charged with violent conduct and is now facing a three-match ban after committing two stamps on Liverpool players in the Capital One Cup semi-final second-leg.
The Fan Park Crew has decided that we would look at Diego Costa’s history with violence.
· While playing for Atletico Madrid, Digeo Costa head-butted Viktoria Plzen’s David Limbersky.
· He also spat at and punched Real Madrid’s Sergio Ramos.
· One of Costa’s first stomping incident’s saw him tramp on the shin of Real Betis' Ruben Perez.
· Costa's first season in the English Premier League didn’t mean Diego would tone things down. In November, against Sunderland, he elbowed Wes Brown in the Face.
· In the same match, he also kicked out at Wes Browns' defensive partner John O’Shea.
· In the semi-final of the Capital One Cup, Costa stamped on two Liverpool players, Emre Can and Martin Skrtel.
With all these incidents under the Spaniard belt, it’s really surprising that he has only picked up one red card since the start of these incidents, and a total of four in his professional career.
What do you make of Diego Costa’s history of violence?