After being labelled as Africa’s Pep Guardiola, we throw it back to the time coach Pitso Mosimane shared a chuckle with the Manchester City manager. Have a look!
Mosimane is one of South Africa’s most successful coaches and built a reputation for being one of the most respected mentors on the African continent.
‘Jingles’, as he is known fondly became Egyptian giants Al Ahly’s new head coach last year and already tasted success with the club when they won the 2020 CAF Champions League title. As a result, Mosimane will now represent the African continent at the FIFA Club World Cup for a second time.
That being said, Mosimane was recently dubbed as Africa’s Guardiola in a recent feature by CNN, a manager coach Pitso often spoke highly of throughout his career.
The ex-Sundowns mentor has met Guardiola before and in one of his older social media posts, Mosimane recalled the time he shared a discussion with the former Barcelona manager by saying, “Definitely, not discussing football talk.”
Check it out:
Five Facts About Jingles
- Signed for Jomo Cosmos at the age of 18
- In 1985, Mosimane became the most expensive player in SA
- Pitso plied his trade for Greek side Lonikos for six years
- Mosimane scored on debut for Bafana in 1993, in a 3-1 win over Mauritius
- Ended his playing career with Qatar side Al Sadd in 1996
Click through the gallery below to view some images of Coach Pitso's glow up: