Imagine being fined R8000 for being on Instagram. Well that is one of the many fines Real Madrid Boss Zinedine Zidane has imposed on his players as he looks to whip his team into shape, literally.
Results haven’t exactly been going Los Blancos’ way this season despite them currently occupying top spot in LaLiga, two points ahead of bitter rivals, FC Barcelona.
In a bid to ensure that his star-studded squad remain on the straight and narrow, Zidane has imposed hefty fines for transgressions committed by players according to Marca.
The misdeeds and penalties include:
- Five minutes late to training - R4144
- 15 minutes late to training- R8288
- Absent from training- R49 732
- Using cellphones when not allowed - R4144
- Repeat offence for using phones - R8288
- Players not being weighed by doctors - R4144
- Players being overweight - R16577
Do you think Zidane’s fine policy is justified or is he being too harsh?