Talk about running a tight ship, it was recently revealed that Frank Lampard had imposed strict disciplinary measures on his Chelsea stars, with fines going up to R385 000. Check it out.
It is a similar process to the one Zinedine Zidane imposed on his Real Madrid stars when results weren’t going their way and this method seems to be working for Lampard, whose side has been in mesmerizing form.
A host of British publications reported that Chelsea’s fine list had been leaked to the media. It was confirmed that the list was real as it was dated sometime in August and it was signed by Lampard.
The cheapest fines start from around £500 (R9 600) while the most expensive (being late for the start of training), could go up to £20 000 (R385 000).
It has been revealed that the money is used for team activities, while some of it is donated to charity.
Here is a list of possible discretions as well as their penalties:
- Late for matchday/ first team departure - R48 000
- Late for training/ reporting time - R48 000
- Late to the gym - R19 000
- Late to a meeting - R9600 (per minute)
- Late to treatment - R48 000
- Late for the start of training - R385 000
- Phone rings during meeting/ team meal - R19 000
- Wearing wrong attire on matchdays - R19 000
- Refusal to do corporate events - R96 000
- Late to report illness/ injuries - R192 000
Having seen these fines, do you think this system would work in the PSL?