1. The Promoter is Namaqua Wines Distribution (Pty) Ltd.
2. The promotional competition is open to all South African Citizens over the age of 18 years who are in possession of a valid identity document, except any employee, director, officer, member, partner, agent, consultant, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, supplier, affiliates and/or associated companies of the Promoter or any person who controls or is controlled, directly or indirectly, by the Promoter and/or immediate family members of the aforesaid people (hereinafter referred to as “Disqualified Persons”).
3. This promotional competition is open from 12:00am (midnight) 1st November 2014 and ends at 12:00am
(midnight) on 15th December 2014 . Any entries received before or after the closing date will not be considered.
4. To enter, participants will be required to use the Namaqua is for Sharing App to chat with fellow participants.
5. The prizes:
5.1The Promoter is making available 1000 5 litres (Bag-in-Box) Namaqua boxes of wine (“the Prizes”). The cultivar, harvest and specifications of the wine are in the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
5.2The Prizes shall be awarded as follows:
5.2.1during the promotional competition, participants shall be awarded points based on their interaction with the Namaqua is for Sharing Facebook Application;
5.2.2on the closing date of the promotional competition the Promoter shall identify the 20 participants with the most points (“the Top 20”);
5.2.3the Promoter will calculate each participant’s interaction points as a percentage of the total interaction points of the Top 20. Each one of the Top 20 will receive a percentage of the Prizes based on the percentage that his/her points bear to the total points of the Top 20.
6. Participants may enter the promotional competition as many times as they wish, however, participants are only eligible for one Prize under the promotional competition.
7. By entering the promotional competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel the promotional competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deem necessary.
8. Entries which are unclear, illegible or contain errors or from disqualified persons will be declared invalid.
9. Winners will be selected by the number of points achieved and will be notified telephonically upon which they will be required to verify their details. The organizers will endeavour to contact the prize winners once every day for 5 consecutive working days after their name is drawn and leave a voice message, if possible to do so, if the winner cannot be contacted. However, if they cannot be reached and do not return the call within 24 hours of the last voice message being left, the person/s will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
10. The prize is not exchangeable for cash and not transferable and the Promoter is not liable for any defect in the Prize. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute prize with any other prize of comparable commercial value.
11. Any prize not taken up for any reason within one month of the close of the competition will be forfeited.
12. The Promotor will deliver all Prizes to one physical address supplied by each of the Top 20. The winners will have a choice, which choice shall be communicated in writing to the Promotor, of either:
12.1Delivery of the entire prize in one instance; or
12.2Delivery of half of the prize after the announcement of the winners and a second delivery of the remainder of the awarded prize on a later date, which date shall not be later than 6 (SIX) months from the closing date.
If no election is excercised, the Prizes shall be delivered in accordance with the Promoter’s absolute discretion.
If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without any further remuneration being made payable to the winner, and may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting his/her prize and/or after having received his/her prize. However, the winner has the right to object to these images being used and must formally notify the Promoter, in writing, of such objection, after being informed that he/she is the winner.
14. In the event that the prize/s are/is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
15. All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, its advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers, affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in the promotional competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of gross negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the prize).
16. The Promoter assumes no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation for any reason whatsoever.
17. The Promoter is not liable for any technical failures affecting the participation and/or prize redemption process of the promotional competition.
18. Neither the Promoter nor employee, director, officer, member, partner, agent, consultant, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, supplier, affiliates and/or associated companies of the Promoter shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant.
19. The Promoter will require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008.
20. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such winner will be deemed to have rejected the prize and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
21. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. A copy of the competition rules is available at no cost to the participants and can be viewed and downloaded in printable form from www.namaquawines.com.