Terms and conditions for Lucky Star 2014 Soccer Laduma competition
1. This is a promotional competition called Lucky Star 2014 Soccer Laduma competition ( "Competition") conducted by Lucky Star Ltd ("Promoter") subject to the provisions of section 36 of the Consumer Protection Act, No. 68 of 2008 as amended and the regulations promulgated there-under ("CPA"), and the terminology used in the aforesaid CPA shall apply to the Competition.
2. The Competition is open to permanent residents and citizens of the Republic of South Africa except those participants excluded in terms of section 36(3)(b) of the CPA (see clause 3 below).
3. No person who is a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant (“Associated Persons”) of the Promoter or any associated company or close corporation of the Promoter nor the spouse, partner or members of the immediate family of the Associated Persons may participate in the Competition. No supplier of goods or services in connection with the Competition may participate either. The Promoter reserves the right to request a winner to depose an affidavit confirming that he/she does not fall within this category of persons and must further upon request be able to verify their identity by providing a certified copy of their South African identity document, valid passport or formal refugee documentation.
4. To enter the Competition, participants must answer the series of questions on the Soccer Laduma website: http://www.soccerladuma.co.za/competitions. Participants must follow the following procedure:
· Click on the Lucky Star Mega Quiz competition.
· Answer the ten questions that follow.
· Submit answers and you stand a chance to win a Mega Cash Prize and Lucky Star Hamper.
· Complete the entry process by agreeing to the terms and conditions.
5. The Competition will run for three weeks: Commencing on Wednesday 14 May 2014, and closing on Wednesday 4 June 2014 at midnight. Entries for each weekly cycle will close at midnight: 21st May, 28th May and 04th June. Four winners will be randomly selected via an automated system on a weekly cycle. The winners will be announced the following day (22nd May, 29th May and 05th June) and the next weekly cycle, with new quiz questions will commence on the same day. Entries from the previous week will not roll over into the next weekly cycle.
6. Each of the 12 prizes contain the following
· Lucky Star canned products, i.e. Pilchards, tuna, sardines
· Branded soccer ball
· Branded t-shirt
· Branded cap
· Branded pen, ruler, lanyard
· Recipe book
· Branded apron
· R1000 cash
7. The Competition opens on 14 May 2014 and closes at midnight on 05 June 2014.
8. Winners will be contacted directly and names will be published on social media platforms – i.e. the Lucky Star Facebook & Twitter pages, Lucky Star website and Soccer Laduma website, Facebook & Twitter pages.
9. Participants are only allowed to enter the competition once per weekly cycle, should all answers be correct to the quiz questions. The weekly cycles will commence on the following dates: 14th May, 22nd May and 29th May. Winners from the previous week are NOT allowed to re-enter the competition.
10. Prizes are not transferable and will only be given to the winner and not a representative.
11. If for whatever reason the winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified in terms of these terms and conditions, the prize will be forfeited to the Promoter for a reselection on the same basis that the original winners were selected.
12. By entering this Competition, the participant acknowledges and agrees that the Promoter, its agents and representatives are granted the right to invite the participant, which invitation the participant has the right to decline, to participate in any marketing activity and use and exploit the footage and/or images of the participant in whole or part and in connection with the distribution, broadcasting and all advertising, marketing and promotions to do with the footage in relation to the Competition.
13. When a participant submits an entry and/or sends e-mails to the Promoter, that participant consents to receiving communications from the Promoter electronically and agrees that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications sent by the Promoter electronically satisfy any legal requirements, including but not limited, to the requirement that such communication should be "in writing".
14. A participant, by entering the Competition, agrees and gives consent that the information provided to enter the Competition may be stored and used for statistical purposes and/or for marketing purposes by the Promoter. Consent to use the participants information is not a condition for entry in the Competition and the participant has the right to withdraw such consent at any time by notifying the Promoter at +27(0)21 415 8600 or firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Information collected from participants will be used by the Promoter only and will not in any way be transferred or made available to third parties except if it remains for the use by the Promoter only.
16. A participant will have the right to request from the Promoter details of the information held of the participant and to update and/or correct any of the information provided. The Promoter can be contacted for this purpose at +27(0)21 415 8600 or email@example.com
17. No correspondence will be entered into and the Promoters decision is final and binding, subject only to the supervision and certification of the Competition by an independent accountant, registered auditor, attorney or advocate and the reporting thereon through the Promoter's internal audit reporting procedures.
18. When entering the Competition, a participant acknowledges and agrees to these terms and conditions.
19. Should any participant or winner be found to be in contravention of any of these terms and conditions or in the opinion of the Promoters, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill of reputation of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify such a participant or winner on written notice.
20. The participant hereby acknowledges that any voluntary provision or disclosure of any information is provided to Lucky Star Ltd. and/or its organisers and not to Facebook.
21. The Promoter chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this Competition, whether in respect of court process, notice or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature: 7th Floor, Oceana House, 25 Jan Smuts Street, Cape Town, 8001.
22. The Promoter has the right to terminate the Competition immediately and without notice in the event that, due to reasons beyond its control, it is impossible to continue with the Competition. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its directors, employees and agents.
23. The Lucky Star consumer helpline for enquiries is 0860 102 500.