Pep Reveals City’s Next Departure
Pep Guardiola Reveals Manchester City’s Next Departure
With Pep Guardiola continuing his squad revamp, he has now revealed which player will be Manchester City's next departure, while they have reportedly also had a R752 million bid rejected for one of their key targets.
City lost their first pre-season friendly to crosstown rivals Manchester United 0-2 on Friday morning, and when the Spaniard addressed the press afterwards, he explained that Aleksandar Kolarov is close to joining AS Roma.
"I don't like to work with people who don't want to stay," Guardiola said, as quoted by Sky Sports.
"Kola helped me a lot last season in terms of many, many things, but he has a big chance to come back to Rome where he was before.
"He spoke to me, with the club but especially to me, and said he would like to leave, and I don't like to live still with players that don't want to stay.
"That's what it is, the best option for everybody, especially for him.
"I wish him all the best because he is a really nice guy. We had an excellent relationship with him, I was very pleased to train him and I wish him and his family the best."
Meanwhile, Sky Sports have also reported that City have had a £44.5 million (R752 million) bid rejected for Guardiola's left back target Benjamin Mendy by AS Monaco.
City are in the market for a new left back with Gael Clichy having already let the club on a free, while Kolarov, who was Guardiola's other option to fill the position, will now also leave.
Monaco are reportedly hold out for a fee of over £50 million (R843 million) for 23-year-old Mendy.
What do you make of Guardiola's business in this window so far? Have your say in the comments section below.